ER-Telecom and Rostec take majority control of Moscow operator Akado

Russian telco ER-Telecom and state investment outfit Rostec have jointly acquired a 75% -1 stake in leading Moscow service provider Akado Telecom. The remaining 25% + 1 stake will be retained by existing shareholder AVK Investments. ER-Telecom, Rostec and AVK Investments said they were creating a partnership that would develop the operator’s digital offerings, including 5G […]

Akado adds basketball channel

Russian service provider Akado has added a new basketball channel to its sports line-up. The new service, World of Basketball, airs 24 hours a day and is free-to-view. The channel is available to all Akado digital TV subscribers, airing on channel 307. The channel’s owner said that viewers of the World of Basketball TV channel […]

Akado taps into Moscow makeover to connect 100 apartment buildings

Russian service provider Akado is to connect about 100 metropolitan residential buildings in Moscow being constructed under a civic renovation programme. The company has already completed work at 28 buildings covering 6,000 homes in the Nekrasovka, Izmailovo and Medvedkovo districts of the Russian capital. Akado’s upgrade programme affects over 10% of its existing company network […]

Akado creates integrated broadband and streaming bundle with Okko

Russian service provider Akado has forged a partnership with OTT TV provider Okko that will seek the Okko service offered in a bundle with Akado broadband access. The Cinema 2in1 service will enable users to access internet speeds of up to 200Mbps and choose one of the two Okko subscription options – Light or Optimum […]

Russia’s Akado changing ownership

AVK Investments, the vehicle of Russian businessman Maxim Mayorets, has taken a majority stake in Moscow area service provider Akado, according to local reports. Akado’s current owner, Viktor Vekselberg’s Renova Holding, has sold a 51% stake in the operator to Mayorets while retaining the remaining 49%. Mayorets, who served as director of mergers and acquisitions […]

Akado launches cloud streaming game service

Russian service provider Akado has launched its planned cloud gaming streaming service in test mode. The service, GFN.RU, a gaming offering provided by the SAFMAR industrial conglomerate, enables Akado subscribers to play a range of popular games on a range of devices, including Android-based mobile handsets. The first 1,000 customers to sign up will receive […]

Russia’s Akado names technology and operations chief

Russian service provider Akado has named Dmitry Alekseyevich Sinitsyn as its new general director of technology and operations. Sinitsyn was previously director of technology at the operator, which controls networks in the Moscow region. He has previously worked as head of product and services support at Comstar before becoming director of marketing at Komkor. He […]

Russia’s Channel One launches war victory celebration channel

Russia’s Channel One has launched a new service celebrating the country’s victory in the second world war, one year ahead of the 75th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany. Pobeda TV is a new free-to-air digital service that will broadcast Soviet-era films about the military and Russian films, TV series and documentaries about […]

Akado ups free-to-air digital offering

Russian service provider Akado has increased its digital free-to-air offering from 77 to 83, meaning that all analogue channels offered by the operator are now available in the digital tier. Free-to-air digital channels can be received by Akado subscribers with receivers that have a built-in DVB-C tuner. Akado offers about 20 mandatory free-to-air digital channels […]

Akado adds CTC Kids to line-up

Russian service provider Akado has added kids channel CTC Kids to its programming line-up. Akado will include the channel in its TV Stars package. Overall, Akado offers over 200 channels arranged in five basic and 14 premium packages. Akado’s addition of CTC Kids follows the launch of the channel six months ago. CTC Kids is […]

1 2 3 8