4K


Almost half of 4K TV owners have never watched UHD at home

A little over half of 4K TV owners have used their sets to their maximum potential. According to a new study from Hub Entertainment Research, only 57% of 4K TV owners have watched UHD/4K content on their sets, leaving 43% of owners who have not.  These  findings are from Hub’s Evolution of the TV Set […]

4K adoption on the rise with 8K still out of reach

4K TV adoption is set to rapidly increase in the coming years.  According to global tech market advisory firm ABI Research, 4K flat panel TV shipments will grow at 13% CAGR to reach 233 million in 2024.  8K, the next innovation for TV production, has already entered the market, but with the cheapest sets still […]

Panasonic’s new OLED and LCD lines offer HDR10+ and Dolby Vision

Panasonic is making HDR10+, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos available across its 2019 lines of OLED and LCD TVs, apart from its entry-level 4K LCD series. Panasonic’s four 2019 OLED series TVs – the GZ2000, GZ1500, GZ1000 and GZ950 – and its flagship 4K LCD series TV for this year, the GX920, will all be […]

Virgin Media announces spring line-up for Virgin TV Ultra HD

Virgin Media has announced a line-up of 4K drama series, documentaries and concerts that will air this spring on its ultra high definition entertainment channel, Virgin TV Ultra HD. Dramas due to appear between February and April include Netflix series The Get Down, Bloodline, and House of Cards, and Showtime’s Masters of Sex. On the doc front, Virgin Media […]

RCN partners with SES to launch Ultra HD channels

US-based telecoms provider RCN is launching Ultra HD services in partnership with satellite operator SES. RCN is making seven linear 4K channels from the North American SES Ultra HD Platform available on its Signature TV channel tier and will also air special 4K live-events coverage. The seven channels are Insight TV, Travelxp 4K, The Country […]

Futuresource: global TV shipments return to growth in 2018

The TV market experienced a return to growth in 2018 with global shipments up by an estimated 3% year-on-year, following a decline in shipments in 2017, according to Futuresource Consulting. The research firm said that 4K continues to attract consumer spend, driven in part by easier access to 4K content as streaming services gain a […]

CTA: US consumers to spend US$18bn on SVOD this year

US consumers will spend some US$18 billion on subscription video streaming services this year, up 27% compared to 2018, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). The latest edition of CTA’s ‘US Consumer Technology Sales and Forecasts’ report, released ahead of CES this week, predicts that spend on music and video streaming services combined will […]

Strategy Analytics: 222m homes will own Ultra HD TVs by year-end

By the end of this year 222 million homes worldwide will own an Ultra HD TV, an increase of nearly 50% over the past twelve months, according to Strategy Analytics. The research firm’s ‘4K and 8K Ultra HD TV Global Market Forecast’ predicts that more than 600 million homes will own an Ultra HD TV […]

IHS: 4K TVs now account for 44% of television shipments

Demand for big-screen TVs surged in the third quarter with 4K sets accounting for almost 44% of TV shipments, a new record, according to IHS Markit. The research firm said that due to sustained premiums and larger average size, 4K TVs made up more than 71% of all TV revenues during the quarter Global shipments […]

Futuresource: 4K TV shipments to exceed 100m units this year

Global shipments of 4K ultra high definition (UHD) TVs are due to “power past 100 million units” this year, according to research by Futuresource. The company claims that the 4K UHD TV market will continue to grow at a double-digit compound annual growth rate (CAGR) throughout its forecasting period to 2022. “What’s more, high dynamic […]

1 2 3 27