Liberty Global moves ahead with Squeeze Out ahead of Telenet delisting

Liberty Global is to reopen its offer for all remaining shares in Belgium’s Telenet as a squeeze-out after its €21 a share offer secured acceptances that gave it 96.26% of the total share capital of the company. Liberty Global received accept4ances for 3,164,944 Telenet shares1 during the mandatory reopening period, which ended on 13 September 2023. […]

Bedrock migrates Belgium’s RTLplay to new platform

Streaming technology company Bedrock has implemented the migration o Belgian streaming service RTLplay to its brand new streaming platform. According to Bedrock, the migration will give RTLplay users a state-of-the-art user experience on connected TV (Samsung TV, Apple TV, Android TV), mobile, and web. Bedrock has been the partner of RTLplay since 2017, providing a […]

A+E Networks EMEA launches streaming channels in Belgium

A+E Networks EMEA’s streaming channels History Play and Crime+Investigation Play launched on Prime Video Channels in Belgium, giving customers access to A+E Networks EMEA’s programming as an on-demand subscription service. History Play offers documentaries and factual series, including The Curse of Oak Island, Curse of Skinwalker Ranch, World’s Greatest Treasure Mysteries, Ancient Aliens, and Forged in Fire. Crime+Investigation Play […]

Proximus hails ‘well-contained’ TV losses

Belgian telco Proximus managed to limit TV losses in the second quarter to what it described as a ‘well-contained’ 3,000 amid strong growth across other product lines. The operator added 48,000 post-paid mobile customers, 13,000 internet customers and 16,000 convergent customers, driven by fibre take-up. Proximus had 1.694 million TV customers at the end of […]

Liberty Global will look at ‘all options’ for Benelux market

Liberty Global will “look at all options” for its operating companies in the Benelux region, as part of a wider approach where “nothing is off the table” to realise the true value of the parent company. Asked on an analyst call after the company posted its Q2 financials whether soon-to-be-consolidated Belgian operator Telenet could be […]

Orange taps Vantiva for new Livebox as Belgian Gigabit broadband battle heats up

Orange Belgium has tapped Vantiva, the broadband and video technology outfit formerly known as Technicolor, to design and deploy the Livebox, its latest generation DOCSIS 3.1 hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) gateway and its Wi-Fi 6 extender booster. The new Livebox will also enable Orange Belgium to launch a new Boost Giga broadband offering, providing 1Gbps […]

Liberty Global publishes prospectus for Telenet acquisition

Liberty Global has published the prospectus for its planned acquisition of the shares in Belgium’s Telenet that it does not already own. Liberty is making a voluntary and conditional public takeover bid, offering €22 per share, deducting the €1 gross dividend approved by Telenet’s ordinary general meeting of April 26. The offer is conditional on […]

Orange Belgium completes acquisition of majority stake in Voo

Orange Belgium has completed its acquisition of majority control of Wallonia-region cable operator Voo. Orange now owns a 75%-minus-one-share stake in Voo, with the remaining 25% remaining with previous owner Nethys. The agreement values Voo at €1.8 billion. Orange is financing the deal via an inter-group loan. “For decades we have developed our telecom expertise […]

EC gives green light to Telenet-Fluvius Belgian fibre JV

The European Commission has given a green light to Belgium’s Telenet and Fluvius to go ahead with their planned partnership to build out fibre in Flanders and Brussels. Telenet said that the approval marked an important step to finalize the agreement and allows the pair’s new infrastructure company, currently under the working name NetCo, to […]

Liberty Global posts loss as subscriber dip and inflation hit, VMO2 sees strong Q1

Liberty Global’s earnings moved into negative territory in Q1, with a loss of US$713.5 million from continuing operations. Adjusted EBITDA was down by 6% to US$624.5 million. The company was hit by a combination of subscriber losses and rising energy and labour costs in the quarter. The company has meanwhile announced that it planned to […]

1 2 3 40