Canal+ is launching a new channel for the African market, A+. The channel will offer a diet of African and international content, with 80% of programmes reportedly to be made in African and the remaining 20% coming from the Caribbean or the US.
At launch the channel will offer a mix of programmes, about 40% of which will be made in Francophone Africa, with the remaining 40% of African-produced content coming from the rest of the continent.
A+, based in Abidjan in Côte d’Ivoire and headed up by Damiano Malchiodi, former head of programming at Cuisine.tv, will reportedly be made available as part of Canalsat’s African bouquet costing CFA5,000 (€7.60) from October.
Programming on the channel will reportedly include dramas such as Ma Famille and Docteur Boris, as well as shows such as Tundu Wundu from Senegal, Aimé Malgré Lui from Central Africa and Pango & Wally from Gabon.
United Group to integrate Forthnet as telco increases stake in Greek operator digitaltveurope.com/2020/11/26/uni… https://t.co/gXdBrig4ws
26 November 2020 @ 15:00:01 UTC
Drahi launches public offer to take Altice Europe private digitaltveurope.com/2020/11/26/dra… https://t.co/PKDbxPnC4H
26 November 2020 @ 14:29:00 UTC
Small number of fans allowed back to English Premier League grounds following relaxed government rules… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
26 November 2020 @ 14:04:30 UTC
Join us for the next DTVE Digital Symposium session on 10 December at 10.00am GMT "Reap the benefits from a shared… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
26 November 2020 @ 12:05:00 UTC