Sky said that on top of the securities, which can typically be changed into equity or stocks, it has also concluded a commercial agreement with 1 Mainstream covering the use of its technology.
The California-based early stage technology company, has built a platform that allows partners to launch streaming video applications across third-party devices such as tablets, smart TVs, game consoles and other streaming devices.
1 Mainstream already powers the Sky News apps for Apple TV and Roku devices, and also works across devices and services such as Google TV and TiVo.
The firm says that it enables native apps to be created “in hours with the push of a button,” allowing content networks and distributors to focus on content. 1 Mainstream also takes care of billing and advertising and says that is covers “over 80% of all high engagement devices today” and has its sights set on the remaining 20%.
Roku hires Apple’s Siri architect Brian Pinkerton as SVP digitaltveurope.com/2020/12/03/rok… https://t.co/Dby600NEai
03 December 2020 @ 18:34:00 UTC
Playground TV launches in further eight European countries and adds Mandarin content digitaltveurope.com/2020/12/03/pla… https://t.co/SRZ1NT1pXI
03 December 2020 @ 18:00:00 UTC
ThinkAnalytics appoints ex-Sky exec as advertising chief digitaltveurope.com/2020/12/03/thi…
03 December 2020 @ 17:35:00 UTC