Belgacom has passed the one million TV customer mark for the first time, but suffered disappointing first-quarter financial results.
The operator added 54,000 TV customers over the year, taking its total to 1.029 million. The company had 1.568 million broadband customers at the end of March, up 10,000. A total of 927,000 customers took multiple service packs, up 57,000.
Total revenues amounted to 1.583 billion for the quarter, down 3.5%, while EBITDA fell by 3% to Â480 million. Belgacom said that competitive pressure and a decline in its overall fixed line business, along with poor results from its international carrier business, had led it to predict that revenue will decline by 1-2% for the year, while EBITDA will be 4-5% lower.Â
Join us June 22 for DTVE's Digital Symposium session "Addressable advertising and the streaming ecosystem" with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
12 June 2021 @ 14:00:01 UTC
DTVE: the week in view – Why has Patrick Drahi just invested £2.2 billion in BT? digitaltveurope.com/comment/why-ha… https://t.co/p7MRaUUcWX
12 June 2021 @ 12:04:00 UTC
ICYMI: MultiChoice delivers robust result in face of pandemic digitaltveurope.com/2021/06/11/mul… https://t.co/crgZdxrZCe
11 June 2021 @ 19:30:00 UTC
ICYMI: Amazon ‘poised to make offer’ for Ligue 1 rights digitaltveurope.com/2021/06/11/ama… https://t.co/UDTRacBYTo
11 June 2021 @ 18:30:00 UTC