Kontron introduces new SYMKLOUD converged video solutions that feature a range of modular hardware components (CPU/GPU(x86)/FPGA/SDI) and ISV partner software that support small, medium and massively scalable deployments for OTT and video delivery use cases.
This makes up the first half of the new Kontron “2-step video + cloud strategy” offerings. Step 2 helps broadcasters and service providers choose the appropriate private cloud provisioning model to run video workloads. Building on the already released SYMKLOUD OpenStack Platfrom, Kontron now offers a more beefed up set of options that include OpenStack Bare Metal (Ironic) and Kubernetes (Containers).
The three open source cloud infrastructure offerings are all pre-built using Kontron SYMKLOUD hardware platforms and Canonical Ubuntu/OpenStack and tools that collectively address the ever-growing need to reduce operating expenses and maximize streaming efficiencies for HD/UHD TV and OTT web video services.
“Service providers are moving towards using cloud infrastructure to efficiently manage and deliver content and ultimately reduce costs,” said Benoit Robert, VP of Strategy and Marketing, Kontron, Communications, Business. “Our integrated COTS platforms are designed to bring any infrastructure application to life and we are excited to work with service providers to match their video requirements with the right hardware and partner software solutions.”
Flexible solutions on display at the Kontron Booth include:
• A software-only option for 10-bit 4K HDR video streams on Intel Xeon E3 Series (integrated CPUGPU);
• UHD/4K video based solution on FPGA hardware running ultra-low latency 12-bit 4Kp60 decode software;
• Containerized (bare metal) video transcoding using Docker/Kubernetes;
• 4K video encode and decode on SYMKLOUD OpenStack Platforms – VMs or Bare Metal (based on Ironic).
Why you should visit the Kontron Booth:
• High density hardware that saves you a ton of OPEX money for OTT/video transcoding
• Open source OpenStack Platforms plus support for Bare Metal (Ironic) and Container solutions
• One source to help you integrate everything
Kontron will display its complete line of video + cloud delivery products at IBC 2017 at booth J 20 in Hall 14. For more info on all Kontron products, visit: www.symkloud.com
ICYMI: KKR plans German media powerhouse with Tele München acquisition. digitaltveurope.com/2019/02/21/kkr… https://t.co/hXZUVsq0Bt
21st February 2019