TV


Swisscom TV growth slows to a crawl

Swisscom’s TV base increased by 5.5%, or 76,000 customers in the year to September. However, Swisscom admitted “a noticeable trend towards market saturation” with net additions for the quarter to September slowing to 6,000. The telco now has 1.45 million TV customers. Swisscom highlighted its partnership with HBO to expand its range of on-demand content […]

Nielsen integrates Gracenote smart TV data

Nielsen has announced plans to use Gracenote’s real-time smart TV data to enhance Nielsen Marketing Cloud’s Data Management Platform (Nielsen DMP). Nielsen said the collaboration will boost Nielsen DMP’s audience targeting, consumer analytics and measurement capabilities by connecting Gracenote viewership data with a range of its own first- and third-party consumer data. This will give […]

YouTube TV launches new ‘lean back’ app

YouTube is set to launch a new ‘lean back’ app for its US subscription offering, YouTube TV. The big screen application is due to start rolling out in the coming days and will include a new live guide that will show what’s airing soon, and a “more cinematic look”. Also new will be the ability […]

YouTube living room viewing up 70%

Viewers now watch more than 100 million hours of YouTube in the living room every day, up 70% compared to last year, according to Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai.  Speaking on the Google parent company’s third quarter earnings call, Pichai said that YouTube users spend an average of 60 minutes a day on mobile – but […]

TV recovery boosts buoyant Telefónica

A recovery in TV contributed to a buoyant Telefónica’s strong third quarter performance that saw overall revenue growth of 4% and organic OIBDA growth of 2.8%. Telefónica’s overall pay TV subscriber base grew by 101,000 during the quarter, reversing earlier losses to end flat year-on-year at 8.4 million. Video revenues grew by 6.8% to €742 […]

Global OTT revenues to double between 2016 and 2022

Global over-the-top TV (OTT) revenues will more than double between 2016 and 2022, driven by the success of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD), according to a new study. Digital TV Research claims that online TV episode and movie rentals for the 138 countries covered in its report will climb from US$37 billion (€31 billion) in 2016 to […]

Edgeware integrates ContentArmor watermarking into CDN

Edgeware has integrated ContentArmor’s forensic watermarking solution into its TV CDN technology. The content delivery network specialist will demonstrate the watermarking solution – which can be deployed in IPTV and OTT services – for the first time at IBC this week. The new capability uses ContentArmor’s bitstream-based watermarking system – a technology that inserts information […]

eMarketer: video viewing to see UK smartphone use surpass PCs

Video viewing will help smartphones to pass computers for the first time this year as the preferred way for UK adults to access the web, according to eMarketer. The research firm said that adults will spend one hour 59 minutes a day on their smartphone in 2017, compared to one hour 58 minutes for desktop […]

Nielsen: traditional TV signal reception up in the US

The percentage of US homes with TVs receiving traditional TV signals is currently 96.5%, an increase of 0.5 percentage points compared to last year, according to Nielsen. The research firm’s estimates include homes with TVs that receive signals via broadcast, cable, satellite or telco providers – or via a broadband internet connection connected to a […]

Proximus TV boosted by high-end offerings

Belgian telco Proximus added 17,000 TV customers in the second quarter to take its total to 1.533 million, up 5.2% year-on-year. Proximus added 15,000 fixed internet customers in the same period, taking its total to 1.959 million. Over the last year, the Proximus and low-cost Scarlet brands have increased their TV base by 75,000. TV […]

1 2 3 23