Telekom Romania


Orange Romania launches converged offerings, integrates TV service

Orange Romania will on Monday complete the integration of the former Telekom Romania’s fixed-line business, bringing both mobile and fixed line services under the Orange brand, and will launch a new converged offering. Orange will also bring together the pair’s sports TV offerings. Orange completed its acquisition of a 54% controlling stake in the fixed […]

Orange completes Telekom Romania acquisition

Orange has completed the acquisition of a majority stake in Romanian fixed-line operator Telekom Romania Communications from Deutsche Telekom-backed Greek telco OTE. Orange is taking a 54% stake in the operator, leaving 46% in the hands of its other main shareholder, the Romanian state. The completion of the deal follows authorisation from regulators. The agreement […]

Telekom Romania secures two additional SPI/FilmBox channels in renewed deal

SPI/FilmBox has announced a renewed and expanded relationship with Telekom Romania. A long-term partner of the telco, customers will now gain access to additional channels Fast&FunBox and FilmBox Stars. Fast&FunBox offers action-packed programming dedicated to adrenaline sports while FilmBox Stars broadcasts award-winning movies. This complements the existing portfolio of SPI channels available to Telekom Romania […]

Orange agrees to buy controlling stake in Telekom Romania for €268 million

  In an increasingly convergent telco market, Orange Romania has agreed to acquire a controlling stake in leading fixed operator Telekom Romania (TKR). The deal, which values the business at €497 million, will see the Romanian state continue to own the remaining 46% of the telco. Orange said that it will pay a total of […]

SPI’s FilmBox Premium launches on Telekom Romania

Telekom Romania and SPI/FilmBox have signed a distribution deal that will see the latter’s FilmBox Premium channel launch in the country. The channel, which broadcasts more than 300 premiere titles every year, will be available across Telekom Romania’s distribution networks via DTH, IPTV and DVBC. This announcement furthers the relationship between the two, with Telekom […]

Deutsche Telekom sees TV numbers grow in ‘most successful year’ ever

Deutsche Telekom saw 74,000 customers in its domestic German market sign up for its MagentaTV service in the fourth quarter of last year, taking the company’s domestic TV total base to 3.6 million, up 7.9% year-on-year. By comparison, the telco’s overall broadband base was up 1.2% to 13.73 million. Its fibre broadband subscriber number was […]

Telekom Romania ups prices

Deutsche Telekom’s Romanian business, Telekom Romania, has announced a blanked price increase across all of its services. Across its fixed and mobile services, prices will rise by RON2 (€0.42) per month as part of what the company says is “the need to remain economically viable.” This is the third such price increase from the operator […]

SPI/FilmBox secures Romanian distribution for Timeless Drama

SPI/FilmBox announces has secured distribution for its Turkish scripted drama channel Timeless Drama Channel (TDC) with Telekom Romania, along with two additional thematic channels from the SPI/FilmBox portfolio, factual channel DocuBox and combat sports offering FightBox. The three channels will be available in the basic package across all of Telekom Romania’s distribution networks, including IPTV, […]

Deutsche Telekom TV numbers up as convergence fuels growth

Deutsche Telekom said that converged fixed-network and mobile products continued to fuel its customer growth in the third quarter, with TV numbers up across most markets. Deutsche Telekom boosted its TV base in Germany by 6.5% to reach 3.291 million. Quarterly TV revenues were up 5.7% to €373 million. The company said that converged products […]

Deutsche Telekom posts modest TV gains

Deutsche Telekom has recorded a modest increase in its TV base for the quarter to June, with mixed results in its central and eastern European operations, amidst a solid overall performance boosted by its US business. Deutsche Telekom saw its German TV base increase by 1.5% quarter-on-quarter to 3.24 million at the end of June, […]

1 2 3