Polsat Plus

Polsat Plus TV base declines, multiplay grows, costs hit bottom line

Polish pay TV operator Polsat Plus Group saw its pay TV revenue-generating base decline by 222,000 year-on-year to the end of June, down 4.3%, which the company attributed to price changes and a change in strategy to focus on online video, with a consequent steepening of the decline in DTH subscribers. Polsat Plus saw its […]

Polsat Plus launches low-cost ad-supported service in streaming revamp

Polish broadcaster and pay TV operator Polsat Plus Group has launched a new ad-supported subscription streaming package, aimed at customers transitioning from its old Polsat Go offering to its new Polsat Box Go service, that is available for PLN30 for the entire year. The Polsat Box Go streaming service has added a new package called […]

Polsat Plus Group denies report on possible Ukrainian bank acquisition

Polish free and pay TV and telecom operator Polsat Plus Group has denied reports that it is interested in acquiring Ukrainian bank Sense Bank from its sanctioned Russian owners. Forbes’ Ukrainian edition had reported that Polsat Plus was interested in acquiring the bank, one of the largest commercial financial institutions in the country, from sanctioned […]

Polsat Plus launches new UEFA Champions League interactive functionality

Polish pay TV operator Polsat Plus has launched a new interactive feature available as part of its Polsat Box Go online service. The new feature presents additional information about all UEFA Champions League matches available live. The Polish language overlay can be activated by the viewer at any time during a match. The function can be […]

Thema and Polsat Plus Group seal deal on Museum TV 4K

Canal+-backed channel distributor Thema has secured carriage for Museum TV 4K on Polsat Box, Polsat Box Go and Netia in Poland, effective December 1. Thema says Museum TV is the first TV channel entirely dedicated to the visual arts, satisfying both amateurs and enthusiasts. It appeals to a large audience through a fun and accessible tone, proposing entertainment, stories and […]

Miszczak named programme director at Telewizja Polsat

Telewizja Polsat, the largest commercial broadcaster in Poland, has named TV industry veteran Edward Miszczak as its new programme director. Miszczak, who will take up his post on January 16, 2023 will also be a VP of the management board. At the same time, Nina Terentiew, current programming director, will step down but become a member […]

Polsat Plus Group acquires tech news website Antyweb

olish pay TV and broadband service provider Polsat Plus Group has acquired a majority stake in leading technology-themed website Antyweb. Some 70% of shares in Antyweb will be acquired by Interia, the web company acquired by Polsat Plus Group two years ago, with the remaining 30% remaining in the hands of the current owners of […]

Polsat Plus posts solid Q2 numbers

Polish service provider Polsat Plus added 45,000 multiplay customers in Q2, taking its total 2.46 million. Overall, the group now has over 20 million pay TV, phone and internet revenue-generating units. Polsat Plus said that the number of contract services for B2C customers increased by 161,000 year-on-year to 13.35 million. Average monthly revenue per user […]

Polsat Plus sees multiplay base rise but pay TV numbers drop

Polish free and pay TV operator and service provider Polsat Plus saw its multiplay base rise to close to 2.5 million at the end of March, up by 73.000 or 3%. The number of contract services for B2C customers increased by more than 200 thousand (1.6%) yoy, and reached 13.4 million. While the number of […]