MTG’s InnoGames and Zoomin.TV prep video series

MTG’s online and mobile games developer, InnoGames, and its Generation Z-focused content production unit, Zoomin.TV, are due to collaborate on a new video series. The series will showcase InnoGames’ portfolio with a focus on the company’s flagship game Forge of Empires and its recently launched title Warlords of Aternum. MTG said that the project sets the scene for […]

Gaming boosts MTGx as Modern Times Group preps for split

A strong contribution from gaming outfit InnoGames helped boost Modern Times Group’s MTGx unit’s revenues in the second quarter. MTGx, which will form the basis of the ‘new MTG’ following the split of the company later this year, saw sales rise 63% on a reported basis and 25% on an organic basis. The unit deliver […]

MTG proposes gaming industry veteran for the board

Modern Times Group (MTG) has proposed that games and entertainment industry executive, Gerhard Florin, join its board of directors ahead of its annual general meeting next month. Florin is currently a board member of MTG subsidiary InnoGames and has previously served on the boards of games companies Funcom, Kobojo and King Digital Entertainment. Between 2006 […]

Modern Times Group boosted by Nordic TV and InnoGames

Modern Times Group’s Nordic entertainment group and its newly majority-owned games subsidiary InnoGames contributed to strong sales and profitability in the second quarter, with the media outfit posting 5% sales growth of 14% and a 9% increase in profits. MTG posted revenues of SEK4.246 billion (€236 million) from continuing operations for a quarter that excluded […]

MTG ups InnoGames stake to 51%

Modern Times Group (MTG) has invested €82.6 million to increase its shareholding in mobile and browser-based games company, InnoGames, from 21% to 51%. The agreement comes after MTG said in January that it would use the proceeds of the sale of its stake in Czech free-to-air broadcaster Prima to top-up its investment in InnoGames. MTG […]

MTG sells Czech TV assets to invest in ‘digital transformation’

Modern Times Group has sold its 50% shareholding in Czech free-to-air broadcaster Prima, with plans to invest further in “digital transformation”. Announcing the sale, Nordic free and pay TV broadcaster MTG said it is considering using the proceeds to increase its ownership in Germany-based online games developer InnoGames from 21% to 51%. The sale means MTG is […]

MTG completes InnoGames stake acquisition

Nordic free and pay TV broadcaster Modern Times Group has completed its previously announce acquisition of 21% of InnoGames, the Germany-based online games developer and publisher. MTG will acquire a further 14% of InnoGames during 2017. The acquisition of a total stake of 35% in InnoGames is based on a total enterprise value of €260 […]

MTG moves into gaming with InnoGames investment

Modern Times Group (MTG) has moved into online gaming by buying a 35% stake in German online games developer and publisher, InnoGames. The deal, which values InnoGames at €260 million, will see MTG take the stake from Eight Roads Ventures and the company’s founders with the option to buy a further 16% at the same […]