Horse1 saddles up with Levira

Nordic equestrian lifestyle channel Horse1 has chosen Estonia-based media services provider Levira to deliver playout services for its launch on September 23. Horse1 will air locally produced contet inlcuding showjumping league Swedish Riders Trophy and Rid to Rio, following three riders as they prepare to compete in the 2016 Olympic Games. The channel will air […]

Elion and EMT to create mobile version of NutiTV

TeliaSonera-backed Estonian telco Elion is deepening its collaboration with mobile sister company EMT to offer a range of services including a mobile TV version of Elion’s NutiTV pay TV offering. The mobile TV service is currently under development. Elion and EMT are offering a range of other services aimed at residential and business customers including, […]

MTG extends English Premier League rights

Modern Times Group has extended its exclusive deal to broadcast the English Barclays Premier League football across all platforms in the Baltic states. The deal gives MTG channels in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania rights to games beginning this season, 2013-14, through to the end of the 2015-16 season. This will cover all 38 rounds andcomprises […]

EC refers Estonia to Court of Justice over telecoms impartiality

The European Commission is referring Estonia to the EU Court of Justice over failures to guarantee the impartiality of its telecoms regulator. In a statement, the EC said that the referral owes to the fact that the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications in Estonia controls state-owned TV and radio broadcast network operator Levira, but […]

East Capital Explorer takes Starman stake

Swedish-based investment firm East Capital Explorer has agreed to buy a majority stake in Estonian cable TV, broadband, and phone services provider Starman. East Capital Explorer will invest approximately €24 million to acquire 51% of the company based on a total enterprise value of €107 million, it said. The remaining 49% will be held by […]

Elion sees TV growth

TeliaSonera-backed Estonian service provider Elion grew its IPTV subscriber base by about 10% in the year to March, ending the quarter with 160,000 subscribers. Elion had 216,000 broadband customers at the end of March, up 6% year-on-year. Elion CEO Arti Ots said the company would focus on network investment over the coming year. The group […]

France 24 comes to DTT in Estonia

France 24 has signed a distribution deal with Estonian broadcast services provider Levira, making the channel available on Digital Terrestrial television throughout the country. The English version of the news network is now available 24-hours per-day on channel nine of the EPG as part of Estonia’s new Levira-deployed DTT pilot network. France 24 said that […]

ETV to pilot HD over DVB-T2 with Levira

Estonian public broadcaster ETV has teamed up with the country’s leading transmission services provider Levira to pilot the broadcasting of 1080i HD services using the DVB-T2 standard. The pilot project will aim to test the parameters for reception on different screens, including both TVs and other devices such as tablets. About 250,000 Estonian homes are […]

Elion provides month of free TV after failure

Estonian IPTV provider Elion is to make its NutiTV service available free of charge to users for the rest of this month after the service suffered a major outage on Tuesday. New and existing subscribers will recieve the service for the period from January 15-31. Video-on-demand movies will also be available free of charge during […]

Turner renews Levira contract

Turner Broadcasting has renewed its contract with Estonian broadcast services provider Levira for the playout of its services for the Scandinavian and sub-Saharan African regions. “We have a good and solid collaboration with Levira which we are happy to continue”, said CG Anderson, MD Turner Broadcasting Nordic and Baltic. Levira has been providing playout services […]