According to a Bloomberg report, Telefonica is in discussions to buy Mediaset’s share of the business and could pay around €350 million for its stake in the company.
The report said that Mediaset has been considering its options in relation to DTS –including increasing or selling its stake – while Telefonica taking full ownership would allow it to tailor offers such as the Movistar Fusion TV quad play package of TV, internet, landline and mobile.
Earlier this week, Telefonica definitively agreed with Prisa that it will buy a 56% stake in the pay TV platform, which is Canal+’s holding company, for €750 million.
The agreement follows Prisa’s acceptance in principal of Telefónica’s offer to buy the majority stake in DTS on May 7. This deal gives Teleféonica, which already held a 22% share in DTS a controlling stake of 78%, leaving Italy’s Mediaset with the remaining 22%.
DTVE: the week in view – Should streamers help to fund Europe’s network expansion? digitaltveurope.com/comment/should… https://t.co/x6aSHT8EvH
05 December 2021 @ 19:34:00 UTC
ICYMI: Vodafone TV arrives on LG TVs in Spain digitaltveurope.com/2021/12/03/vod… https://t.co/dpCVTHxPFr
05 December 2021 @ 19:30:00 UTC
ICYMI: Vizio ads AVOD content to WatchFree+ streamer digitaltveurope.com/2021/12/03/viz… https://t.co/i6syMw9Eli
04 December 2021 @ 19:30:00 UTC