Swedish-based investment firm East Capital Explorer has agreed to buy a majority stake in Estonian cable TV, broadband, and phone services provider Starman.
East Capital Explorer will invest approximately €24 million to acquire 51% of the company based on a total enterprise value of €107 million, it said. The remaining 49% will be held by Starman’s founders, Peeter Kern and Indrek Kuivallik.
East Capital Explorer will acquire the shares from the existing owners, a consortium led by Bancroft Private Equity. The founders will increase their current equity stakes in Starman by investing an extra €5 million on the same terms as East Capital Explorer.
Gert Tiivas, head of Baltic private equity for East Capital, said: “Starman is a well-managed company with a track record of solid financial performance and high profitability. We see further opportunities for growth in this area in the Baltics and Starman is well-positioned to take advantage of this growth.”
The transaction is subject to approval from the Estonian competition authorities, and is expected to close during the second quarter of 2013.
Serie A delays secondary rights award following Sky appeal digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/06/ser… https://t.co/L8RA7Y5ekW
06 May 2021 @ 10:34:45 UTC
ICYMI: CTV to drive increasing digital video spend in the US digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/05/ctv… https://t.co/Ay0PKsK78l
05 May 2021 @ 20:36:00 UTC
ICYMI: IPL indefinitely suspended as India battles Covid surge digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/05/ipl… https://t.co/VASN3SOj1V
05 May 2021 @ 18:30:00 UTC