The Modern Times Group has acquired control of Swedish open access communications operator Zitius. No financial terms were disclosed for the deal, which sees MTG take an 80% stake in Zitius with an option to buy the remaining 20% in 2016.
The Open Access network structure is specific to the Swedish broadband market and provides an open environment where different service providers can sign agreements with the network operator to market their services to the end consumer, typically in multi-dwelling residential apartment buildings in towns and cities. About 750,000 homes, or 16% of all Swedish households, are currently connected to Open Access networks.
Zitius provides network management and service packaging services, and installs, owns and operates the active network equipment including routers and switches has agreements with a broad range of third party providers of telephony, data and TV services, who market their services to councils and property owners.
ICYMI: O2 says it has ‘addressed concerns’ over Virgin Media merger in record quarter for Telefónica… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
25 February 2021 @ 21:00:00 UTC
ICYMI: BritBox appoints ITV SVOD chief Reemah Sakaan to become international CEO digitaltveurope.com/2021/02/25/bri… https://t.co/c9MJzgaWty
25 February 2021 @ 20:00:00 UTC