Long-time rival Spanish media groups Prisa and Mediapro are close to agreeing the management structure to follow the merger of their audiovisual assets, according to local press, although questions remain over the future of pay-TV platform Digital Plus.
According to a report in the ExpansiÃ³n newspaper, Mediapros Tatxo Benet is likely to be named as CEO of the new company, with PrisaÂs Manuel Polanco taking the presidency. Mediapro, which operates commercial channel La Sexta, will largely control production and exploitation of media rights, according to the paper.
Questions remain over the value of Prisa-owned Sogecable, which controls free-to-air channel Cuatro and PortugalÂs Media Capital as well as Digital Plus. PrisaÂs current plan is to sell a 40% stake in Digital Plus to TelefÃ³nica and Vivendi, leaving the remaining 60% within the new holding company with Mediapro.Â
ICYMI: UK streaming subs jump by 50% in 2020 digitaltveurope.com/2021/08/05/uk-… https://t.co/5cfyiroE9i
05 August 2021 @ 19:35:00 UTC
CVC buys 10% of LaLiga for €2.7 billion digitaltveurope.com/2021/08/05/cvc… https://t.co/55MtYj5dlW
05 August 2021 @ 18:00:00 UTC
Vevo Pop channel launches on rlaxx TV digitaltveurope.com/2021/08/05/vev… https://t.co/StFaR1zdzi
05 August 2021 @ 17:30:00 UTC
Fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries digitaltveurope.com/2021/08/05/fib… https://t.co/zWSVSCGqqL
05 August 2021 @ 17:00:02 UTC