France TÃ©lÃ©com/Oranges new premium Orange TV package in France had attracted 363,000 subscribers by the end of March, up from 130,000 at the end of December. Orange was forced to suspend marketing its premium sport service towards the end of March as a result of competition concerns.
The company had signed up 2.5 million digital TV customers globally at the end of the first quarter, up 75% year-on-year.
Digital TV customers (IPTV and satellite) in France numbered 2.166 million, up 69%, including 316,000 satellite subscribers, following the launch of the service last July. The company recorded 7.7 million video-on-demand downloads in the quarter, up from two million last year. Digital TV customers in Poland numbered 198,000 at the end of March.
France TÃ©lÃ©comÂs EBITDA fell by 4.4% on a like-for-like basis to Â4.3bn, which the company attributed to the full impact of content purchases linked to the launch of the premium TV service in France. France TÃ©lÃ©com reported total revenues of Â12.685bn for the quarter, up 0.4% on a like-for-like basis.Â
Separately, France TÃ©lÃ©com has acquired the stakes of the main minority shareholders in France TÃ©lÃ©com EspaÃ±a, taking its stake from 81.6% to 99.85%. The minority shareholders agreed to sell their stakes for Â1.374bn. France TÃ©lÃ©com intends to invite the shareholders that hold the remaining 0.15% to sell their shares in the near future.Â
ICYMI: English Premier League avoids rights drop by skipping auction, confirms renewed deals digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/13/eng… https://t.co/m9myuVN5X7
13 May 2021 @ 18:00:00 UTC
BritBox hires AMC’s Arnot as SVP of marketing digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/13/bri… https://t.co/LqbXrXHuxa
13 May 2021 @ 17:30:00 UTC
Amazon refreshes Echo Show devices, introduces new Kids model digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/13/ama… https://t.co/4HHcCUJ8Qd
13 May 2021 @ 17:00:01 UTC
Liberty Latin America signs up Velocix to power Android TV-based streaming platform digitaltveurope.com/2021/05/13/lib… https://t.co/FRTze5yUcE
13 May 2021 @ 16:30:00 UTC